Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2011

Teaching at the Secondary School in Gintota

The organisation FCS (Federation of Community Strength) introduced me last week to the principal of the principal of the secondary school in Gintota (see my previous post). So as an ambassador of FCS I will coach now a group of 7-10 teachers during the next 3 months with the objective of enabling them to teach their students basic IT know-how. This shall happen besides my activity around the Foundation of Goodness. Already 2 days after the initial meeting we had a kickoff discussion with the principal and the relevant teachers.
Kickoff session with principal and teachers
The first lesson shall be next week. To be honest I'm quite exited as I've never teached a bunch of teachers before in my life. Therefore I spent today the half day to prepare the contents of the first teaching session and to find the best strategy for the course. I guess a good mix of theory and exercise should be a good guide to a successful course. Will see.....

By the way, after the kickoff meeting the principal asked me whether I would like to teach also Yoga in his school. I agreed and he introduced me to his 13th grade class (hang on I'll add a video of this introduction in the next days, this was quite funny....). Meanwhile I conducted already the first yoga lesson (it was last Friday at 6:30am!). I think they liked it, even the principal was attending the class for about 30min until he got a call to an important meeting :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen