Freitag, 28. Oktober 2011

Donating a multimedia projector to Gintota school

A friend in Germany just donated some money for my project. I am very happy as this happens at the right time. With this money I bought a multimedia projector in Germany which my friend Alex brought to Sri Lanka. This projector will help me during the weekly lessons for the teachers as it is a lot easier to teach in a presentation mode than having to write everything onto the black board (as you can see on the following pic).

My first lesson with the new beamer. What a difference...
I already used the beamer in the last lesson on Thursday but today at the school's assembly I officially donated the projector to the school during the assembly. I was impressed that school starts always with a 20min assembly event where all teachers, students and the principal are present. It has quite a ceremonial touch as you can see in the following videos:



So today me and Alex were present at this event. After performing some rituals and singing the national anthem the principal spoke to the audience. He introduced me and explained what I'm doing here at the school during my 3 months stay. Then he asked me to come and say some words to the audience... Ups.... I didn't expect to speak to the audience so I was a bit exited when I entered the 'stage'. My audition was completely freestyle but I think it went ok as I got a big applause :-). May be I was the first 'foreigner' who gave a speech at their assembly!
Me live on stage....
Note from Nov. 4th:
Yesterday I had a good coaching session with the teachers. This time in the computer room together with the new multimedia projector (last time we had to use the chemistry laboratory due to missing keys for the computer room).

The white thing on the left is the project, my notebook on the right side
Sorry, not a perfect picture but at least the teachers are on it :-)
The lessons are now much more effective with the new multimedia projector. This device can be even used together with a DVD player. It also has sound output. This is ideal for showing films or learn DVDs during school lessons. What a great benefit for the school!

Thank you Sigrid for the donation. As you can see in this post, you did a very good thing to the people here!

1 Kommentar: