Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2011

Animals passing my way

I had some interesting encounters when I really did not expect them....

Water Monitor in a river
After my last coaching session for the teachers in Gintota school I wanted to check a yoga hotel in the nearby village Dodanduwa (House of Lotus). So I got out of the bus somewhere near to that and walked the last meters. When crossing a bridge I saw this:

 
Bats in the evening
Every evening a spectacle takes place which is rarely considered by the natives but really astonishing for people who are not living here. Just in the twilight before it gets dark huge birds are filling the sky. Äh... one moment... - I thought the first time when I looked up - these are not birdes, these are giant bats! Sometimes I could see 30 or 40 of them flying above. Last week,  on my way to the temple I recorded the following video (hard to see them actually). Unortunately it's not one of the impressive scenes I saw as most of the times I haven't had a camera to capture it. But anyway....



2 Kommentare:

  1. Dear Samante, thank you for sharing all your amazing experiences with us. Can you please get in touch with me on my vf.com address. Thanks and all the best to you, Michael better known as Hufi ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey Sammi,

    Viel Spass und Erfolg in den nächsten Wochen!!!

    Hoffe alles läuft gut für Dich!

    LG Thomas

    AntwortenLöschen