Dienstag, 29. November 2011

A bat and a snake

I cannot resist to post again about some animals that recently crossed my way (see also my previous posts on this topic: 1 and 2).... 

The first incidence was at the Buddhist temple in Hikkaduwa where I was about to teach the child monks one evening. Unfortunately there was a power cut when I came so we could not do the computer class. So we chatted about this and that when a bat accidently flew into a room of the temple. The kids got very excited and tried to catch the batch. When they captured it I told them not to hurt the animal but to go out and release it again. I took the following video of the bat's escape.


The next encounter was today morning when a rat snake crossed my way to work. Luckily this snake was not poisonous so I grabbed my camera and took these shots:

The rat snake is seeking cover in the bush of century plants
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen