Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011

A message to Mr. Esley and a journey into the past

Unfortunately I'm ill these days. I got the worst fever flu since decades and cannot do anything except resting in bed. I cancelled all appointments and activities and just try to do nothing.

But even this bad incidence showed up some good sides. Yesterday night for example I couldn't sleep due to the high fever and also my mind was restless and jumping from one subject to another. So I was abiding in a delirium state lasting nearly all night. A bit like the 90ies TV series "Twilight Zone" actually :-). Several interesting ideas and thoughts, experienced past memories but also a lot of confusion and obscurities came into my head. What a pity that I was too weak to stand up and write them down... But one thing I remember which I will explain in the following:
Recently Mr. Esley (code name) told me that he read through my blog posts and had the feeling that the posts sound to him like a adventure story for children with all these snakes, lizards, bats, etc.. I was happy to hear from my dear and close friend Mr. Esley. But I also felt a bit irritated because of his comment. It was completely not my intention to give this blog an adventure touch. Minutes went by thinking it over and over again. Then suddenly some memories out of my early childhood arised. It was the time when I was between 3-7 years old. During that time me and my parents lived in Kandy, Sri Lanka. Like video clips I could recall at once many situations where I played in our garden (which I experienced as a tropic rainforest because of it's wilderness) or at neighbours' places. There were so many encounterings with animals during this period. Dears, monkeys, elephants, jackals, snakes, lizards, scorpions, centipedes, ants, etc. in all colours, shapes and sizes. I always faced them with no fear but interest and friendship which was sorrowed my parents a lot. There were a lot of incidents where my father need to kill very poisonous snakes in the garden. But luckily I never got harmed seriously. These 5 years have really left a remarkable trace in me. No wonder that in the early eighties when we came to Germany my favorite cinema movie was Mowgli, the Indian boy living in the djungle with most animal being his friends :-).

So I guess with having this landmark in my soul I understand now Mr. Esley's comment. Yeah and he's right. I still love animals, I still freeze when I see an interesting animal around to watch and I still feel not much fear when encountering fierce creatures (Of course a lion would scare me....). And this after more than 30 years! Funny how psychology works...
I could tell some more stories about Yesterday's twilight zone experiences but I feel tired now....
So thank you Mr. Esley for providing this comment which resulted in gaining this insight.

It may be the last time though that I will report anything about animals in this blog. Only 3 days left, then I'll be back in Germany. And I guess not a lot interesting thins will happen within the next days.

But stay tuned. I'll be back soon to publish the last blog post(s)!

1 Kommentar: